JOB TITLE: Administration Clerk
SALARY: R152 862 per annum
LOCATION: Corporate Communication and Liaison: Finance (Pretoria)
- Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post;
- Be a South African Citizen;
- Be in possession of Senior Certificate (Grade 12);
- Applicants in possession of a higher qualification in the specific field or who have completed an internship/currently undergoing an internship in the Public Service may receive preference;
- Fluency in at least two official languages, of which one must be English;
- Appropriate/relevant experience in the field of the post as well competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint may be an advantage.
- Must have no previous convictions or cases pending
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification.
- Conduct and control the administration process of the cellular telephone accounts.
- Support the primary customer in the budget and the monitoring of standards, policies and Directives.
- Administer and maintain all financial expenditure controls.
- Maintain the administration of losses.
- Administer the administration process of the TMS (Telephone Management System).
- Assist with general administration duties.
- Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driver’s license (only applicable to SAPS members).
- The copies must be correctly certified on the copy itself, not at the back. The certification must not be older than three months.
- Qualifications and driver’s licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 as applicable to the post environment.
- If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
- Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.
- Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
- The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service.
- Hand delivered applications may only be submitted at Opera Plaza, Annex Building, Pretorius Street, Pretoria. Application must be deposited into the box available at the reception area.
- Applications forwarded by post to be addressed to: The Section Head: Corporate Support, (Attention: Lt Col JL Shandu/ Captain SJ Matlopela/ W/Offficer TB Tshabalala/ SPO KK Mashiloane), Corporate Support, South African Police Service, Private Bag X 94, Pretoria, 0001.