Closing Date: 05 May 2017
Engineering Bursaries Glencore Ferro Alloys Bursaries are offered in the following fields of learning:
- Mechanical Engineering (Ref. W001)
- Metallurgical Engineering (Ref. W002)
- Electrical Engineering (Ref. W003)
- Mining Engineering (Ref. W004)
We recognise the importance of developing and maintaining a strong professional skills base. In this context, the continuous flow of new talent into our operations is a strategic commitment to our future, and to yours.
Selection is based on academic results and an interview with Glencore Ferro Alloys. Applicants from the local communities of our respective operations in an area will take preference.
- Grade 12 applicants: A minimum of a B symbol in Maths, Science and English
- 1st and 2nd year applicants: 100% pass rate in all subjects.
What the Bursary offers:
- Registration and tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals
- Prescribed textbooks
- A monthly allowance
- Paid vacation work
- A compulsory “work back” period – 1 year for every sponsored year.
How to apply
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply for a Nedbank Bursary, please ensure that you meet the criteria.
- Learners who are currently in grade 12
- Students who are registering for the first year
- Students who are already registered with a recognised South African public university (under- or postgraduate study)
- Average of 65% (all applicants)
- University entrance criteria for degree studies met
- Applicants who did not study towards a degree after matriculating will be considered only if they matriculated in 2013 (a minimum of two years before the year to be funded)
- South African public universities registered with the Council of Higher Education
- Universities of technology for IT and property-related qualifications
To apply you must:
- Be a South African citizen.
- Be in grade 12 or have completed grade 12 within the past two years.
- Pass or have passed matric with an average of 65%.
- Meet the entry requirements for the university you want to go to.
- Complete this application form.
- Application forms that are incomplete or incorrect will not be considered.
Closing date 30 April in the year before you want to go to university.
Click Here to Apply ONLINE
The bursaries are available for both short (credit bearing) courses and for post graduate nurse training diplomas (one or two years) at recognised and accredited South African Universities.
The Trust is keen to hear from all post graduate nursing students interested in specialising in paediatric nursing, who are planning to further their studies in 2015, 2016 & 2017 and who are self-funded. If you are a registered nurse with at least two years applicable experience and are in excellent health and you want to focus on one of the following areas of paediatric specialities:
Neonatal Nursing, Child Nursing, Oncology Nursing, Nephrology Nursing, Intensive Care Nursing, Operating Theatre Nursing
You are requested to carefully read our Bursary Agreement and our Administrative Requirements before completing the on-line application form (hard copies are also available on request) and more specifically, to note the post study obligation to come and work back time equal to your period of studies at the Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital (in Johannesburg) when it opens its doors in 2016.
To assist with administrative efficiency, all bursary applications should ideally come through our website: www.nelsonmandelachildrenshospital.org. You may also request application forms from Shaun at 087 150 2101 during office hours. Preference will be given to applicants from all designated groups and where possible, people with physical disabilities. Copies of CVs, qualifications and 3 work references will also be required and will be subject to third party scrutiny.
Please note that no further correspondence will take place until the Trust has determined which applicants have been shortlisted for interviews. Should you not have heard from the Trust within two weeks of submitting your bursary application, consider your application unsuccessful. The Trust reserves the right to NOT make any bursary awards. Bursary applicants who have been interviewed and to whom the Trust wishes to grant bursaries should note that they will also have to be accepted by the participating academic institutions.
Please note: The undergraduate bursary covers second-year studies onwards, i.e. undergrads who have completed their first year of study. This is in addition to post-graduate nursing studies.
How To Apply
Apply Online for the Nelson Mandela Children Fund: Nursing Bursary / Scholarship Programme