Project Manager Training Hub (m/f) Programme to Promote Vocational Training (ProVET)
Field of activity
Although considered a middle-income country, Namibia is marked by significant inequalities. Despite stable economic growth, Namibia suffers both, from a high unemployment rate and a serious skills shortage on the labour market. The need for trained skilled workers in many sectors cannot yet be met by the vocational education system. In response, the EU and Germany will provide assistance to Namibia particularly to the Namibia Training Authority (NTA). Germany is supporting vocational education and training (VET) through its project ‘Promotion of Vocational Education and Training in Namibia’ (ProVET) already since 2012. Above, GIZ will be commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through its ProVET project with the implementation of the EU programme ‘Support to Vocational Education and Training’. The position advertised will support the implementation of the latter programme. The specific objectives of the EU-GIZ action is to increase equitable access to and completion of VET programs and improve VET quality to ensure provision of labour market oriented skills and competencies. It is envisaged that this will be achieved through the establishment of a Training Hub. The Hub is a platform for the three existing training centres Eenhana, Valombola and Nakayale to meet and share information, to coordinate, to create synergies and to decide on joint priorities. The Hub structure allows to create centers of specialisation and to promote learning pathways among the three centers.
You are working as a Project Manager in the field of Vocational Education and Training supporting the set-up of a Training Hub in Namibia’s north. You are responsible for the implementation of the project activities. You work in close cooperation with the ProVET team and its team leader, who is responsible for the overall implementation.
Your specific tasks include:
- Technical support and VET advisory services to the management teams of the three institutions constituting the Training Hub
- Facilitation of networking among the three training centers and facilitation of twinning arrangements for capacity development
- Facilitation of development plans for the Hub
- Facilitation of stakeholder dialogue with the private sector and other relevant stakeholders on sustainable and demand oriented training programmes
- Introducing models for industry and community engagement
- Support the development of general guidelines for the work of the Training Hub
- Promote innovative training formats e.g. e-learning
- Facilitate the develop of a ‘toolkit’ of good practices
- Coordination and planning of procurement of services and equipment
- Management of short-term expert interventions and coordination of up to 4 staff
- Monitoring and financial planning in close cooperation with the ProVET M&E expert and Finance Officer
- Planning and coordination of PR activities according to EU, NTA and BMZ requirements
- Reporting (according to NTA, EU and GIZ requirements)
- Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant field (education, business administration, economics or other disciplines)
- At least 5 years of professional experience, in particular in development cooperation in the area of VET
- Thorough knowledge of VET systems; Experience in advising VET institutions and with the implementation of measures like the upgrading of TVET-schools, VET management support, teachers training, advising VET commissions, curricula development, e-learning etc., ideally in Africa
- Knowledge of Competency Based Education & Training (CBET).
- Proven skills and experience in the design of networks and knowledge exchange platforms
- Good working knowledge on setting up and managing annual operational plans, impact monitoring, as well as financial management of project budgets
- Ideally EU-project management experience
- Solid management and advisory skills, conceptual and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ideally experience in leading teams
- Fluency in English (both oral and written); ideally German language skills
April 2016 till December 2017 (to be extended until December 2019)
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until
Closing date :08/02/2016
+49 6196 79-1879
Payment Analyst standard bank Namibia
- Dec 18 2015
- Khomas Region
Operations: a range of essential and complex services to ensure processes across the bank work as effectively and efficiently as possible
Payment Analyst is responsible for generally assistance to the Payment Department to benchmark best practice and implement structures and procedures to manage the Bank’s risk and ensure the delivery of the Bank’s vision, mission, value and service standards in respect of the various system components and application.
- Compile and timely distribute formal meeting agendas, minutes and project feedback document to stakeholders.
- Maintain a filling system for department’s documents.
- Update procedures and payment documentation.
- Verify that the test enviroments are available and ready for scheduled SIT and UAT testing
- Compile both positive and negative test cases in respect of all new system implementations, enhancement/changes.
- Perform SIT and UAT testing to verify system functionality and identify system bugs.
- Conduct system testing with Namclear
- Track and resolve payments issues and report progress on resolution.
- Assist in the implementation of system related upgrades and enhancements.
- Participate in the feasibility, establishment and implementation of new projects and procedures in the best interest of the bank and the service providers.
- Assist in the implementation of EFT/paper related system upgrades and enhancement.
- Document business requirement specifications for EFT/paper related requests and/or initiatives identified by business.
- Apply EFT and CLc user manuals specifications and drive implementation in business.
- Provide customer service to the bank on payment related queries which could not be resolved at the front end.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A graduate with relevant Diploma in Information Technology, Accounting or Banking and Finance.
- 3 years banking operation, and /or payment system experience.
- Knowledge of the bank’s payment system and guidelines.