Location: Woodmead, Gauteng
SGS SA invites applications from suitably qualified individuals, for its Learnership program in Occupational Health, Safety and Environment (NQF 2). Applicants that meet all the following criteria, are encouraged to apply to join the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company as a learner:
- Be a South African citizen (be able to produce a valid South African ID document)
- Must be unemployed
- Be between the ages of 18-34
- Must have no criminal record
- Must have completed their matric (Grade 12) with at least 50% in English and Maths (or 70% Maths Literacy)
- Be willing to attend training in the Sandton/Woodmead area
- Able to be placed at a location within Gauteng
- Is keen to pursue a career within Occupational Health and Safety
- Candidate must not have participated in any learnership previously
The program will run for a 12 month period from 2017 – 2018. Successful candidates must be committed to the entire duration of this period.
Please note that there are only 10 learnership positions available.
Prior knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety would be advantageous.
how to apply
Apply Online for the SGS: Learnership Programme 2018
Closing Date: 04 August 2017
Production Technology Learnership
We are looking for 8 young, driven individuals to take in a Learnership Program at our facility in Germiston.
The duration of the Learnership is 12 months.
- Grade 12
- Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science
- Must be between the ages of 18-24
- Reading and understanding of Technical drawings an added advantage.
- EE / AA
how to apply
Apply Online for the Lucchini: Learnership Programme 2017 / 2018
Closing Date: 30 July 2017
What is the qualifying criteria? The candidate must:
- Be between the ages of 18 – 30
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- Be computer literate
- Not be permanently employed
- Not be studying at any other institution
- Not be registered on any other learnership
What is the Recruitment process?
- Anticipated start date of programme: 01 Oct 2017
- Candidates will be required to complete relevant assessments
- The following checks will be conducted:
- Register for Employees Dismissed (RED) checks;
- Credit and criminal record checks;
- Reference checks with previous employers;
- Verification of educational qualifications; and
- Proof of South African citizenship/South African residency/work permit.
how to apply
Please note that if contact is not made with the applicant by end-August 2017, they may consider the application as unsuccessful.
Closing date: 31 July 2017
Role Category: Process Implementation
- Support and maintain operational and applicable legal requirements and processes in support of Emergency Management and Sasol’s strategic objectives.
- To ensure timeous effective response to emergency incidents, on- and off site and thus ensuring the protection of Sasol and its employees and other property as per mutual aid agreements.
- To ensure that fire and life equipment are inspected as per the SANS 1475 standard.
- Ensure that emergency equipment and vehicles are always readily available.
- To ensure station, vehicles and equipment cleanliness.
Required outputs: Functional
- Emergency response and mitigation activities are performed safely and effectively
- Respond to all emergency call outs and requests
- Support Emergency Management Operations strategy and operating model
- Ensure site compliance to relevant legislative standards, practices and certification
- Grade 12 (Must)
- Medically fit for firefighting (incl. functional and capacity test/evaluation)
- Basic life support qualification/BAA – Registered with H.P.C.S.A (advantage)
- IFSAC International Fire Service accreditation congress – Firefighter 1 (advantage)
- HAZMAT Awareness level (advantage)
- Code C1 Drivers licence with PrDP (advantage)
- Excellent communication skills
- Building partnerships and networking
- Conflict Management
- Applying relevant legislation, Company codes, standards and procedures
- Mentally and physically fit
- Be able to work shifts and do standby as required
- Listening skills
- Sense of urgency and able to work under pressure
- Assertiveness / Decisiveness Cooperativeness
- Team Player
- Strong customer centric orientation
- Time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
how to apply
Apply Online for the SASOL Firefighter Learnership Programme
Closing Date: 30 September 2017
Location: Humansdorp, Eastern Cape
Woodlands Dairy is offering a Dairy Learnership programme targeted at unemployed Matriculants. Applications are invited from interested youth who meet the minimum requirements and are interested in starting a career in dairy processing. The learnership will cover the following areas: Nature of milk, Milk reception, Lab testing, CIP & COP.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Unemployed South African Youth between 18 – 23 years with Matric.
- Applicants should NOT have previous work experience.
A Learnership programme with theoretical and practical components is offered for a period of 12 months.
How to apply
An Application letter accompanied by a CV, certified copies of Matric certificate/latest results and ID copy must be sent to the email address below or hand delivered at Woodlands Dairy HR Department. Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 04 August 2017
This is an invitation to the Ba-Phalaborwa citizens to apply for a 15 month full time learnership programme in order to obtain a nationally recognized qualification
This programme will afford the successful candidates an opportunity to gain knowledge and practical exposure in the respective fields. Successful candidates will enter into a learnership agreement with the Palaborwa Copper and the Mining Qualifications Authority. This is not a contract of employment and it does not guarantee a job at the end of the programme. It is a 100% a learning opportunity.
|National Certificate: Mining Operation Underground Hard Rock
|National Certificate: Mineral Processing
|National Certificate: Metal Production
|National Certificate: Rock Breaking Surface
- Grade 12 with Maths, Physical Science and English (NB: Maths Literacy will not be accepted)
- A valid driver’s licence (Applicable to NC: Mining Operations and NC: Mineral Processing)
In making the final selection, the following will be considered:
- Meeting all the above mentioned requirements
- Never been on MQA learnership programme before
- Currently unemployed
- Aged between 18 and 35
- No criminal record
How to apply
Submit your application by email to:firstname.lastname@example.org or
Post: The training department, 2017 Non-Artisan Learnership, Palabora Copper, PO Box 65, Phalaborwa, 1390 (Write the name of the learnership applying for on the envelope / email subject).
Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only
DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY SAFETY
POSITION: TRAFFIC OFFICER LEARNERSHIP
CENTRE: Boekenthoutkloof Traffic College
REF NO: REFS/001172
NUMBER OF POSTS: 100
DIRECTORATE: Traffic Management
PACKAGE: R3 000 per month (A Stipend will be offered per month over the duration of this learnership programme)
REQUIREMENTS: Grade 12 and must be 35 years or younger. At least a Code B Valid Driver’s licence. A name clearance certificate from South African Police Services indicating that the applicants does not have a criminal record or pending case against you. Citizenship: South African. Applicants must be physically fit.
DUTIES: The training of traffic officers will be done in terms of the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) registered qualification for traffic officers. The qualification currently comprises of a total of 172 credits. To ensure that the specific outcome of the unit standards within the registered qualification are met, the qualification has been divided into seven modules i.e. Module 1 Personal orientation learning material. Module 2 Legislation and people. Module 3 Legislation and traffic. Module 4 Legislation and vehicle compliance. Module 5 Legislation and traffic hazards. Module 6 Load compliance. Module 7 Communication with customers. This Learnership is offered at the Boekenthoutkloof Traffic College, and therefore Traffic Learners would be expected to leave in-house. Successful candidates will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract with the Department and completion of the course, learners will receive a Diploma in Basic Traffic Officer: NQF 4
NOTES: Applicants must apply online at: http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za
ENQUIRIES: Ms Nelisiwe Kunene Tel: 011 689 3941 or Ms Mmathethi Patjie Tel: 011 689 3845
CLOSING DATE: 2017/07/20
Closing Date: 23 June 2017
Notice Number: LP012
Applicants are invited from suitably and previously disadvantaged individuals for the following discipline:
Water Purification, NQF Level 2
Applicants must satify the following entry criteria before applying:
- Must be unemployed
- Must have a suitable qualification (Matric Mathematics with level 4)
- Must be South African citizens and in possessions of a valid SA ID
- Must be under the age of 25 in line with the NSDS III
The following documents must accompany your application form: • Application letter and Curriculum Vitae • Certified copy of ID document • Proof of residence • Certified copies of Matric qualifications.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, preference will be given to females and people with disability to give effect to Rand Water’s Employment Equity Objectives.
How to apply
Suitably qualified applicants are requested to submit their completed qualifications with the releveant attachments to email@example.com or fax 086 609 1178 (quoting the relevant notice number in the subject line)
A Business Administration learnership programme has been launched for Afrox. Please apply if you meet the criteria in this advert.
Afrox Business Administration Learnership
Goals of Programme
- To promote the development of competencies that are required in Afrox.
- To create a pool of skilled and knowledgeable administrators / office support personnel.
- To afford learners the opportunity to understand and acquaint themselves with the principles of business administration within Afrox.
- To provide for career growth within the Afrox environment.
- Grade 12 / Matric qualification with a minimum of Diploma entrance.
- English and Mathematics (Accounting could be an advantage).
- Must have good communication skills (verbal and written) to ensure professional customer communication.
- Computer literacy essential.
Format of the Programme
Learners will sign a 12 month-tripartite contract (Afrox , CHIETA SETA and Learner). Learners will participate in 12 months of on-the-job training, inclusive of theoretical classroom learning style and practical learning in the working environment.
Learners must attend and complete all required theoretical and practical components of the learnership. The exit qualification will be a National Certificate: Business Administration NQF Level 3.
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
Closing Date: 2017-06-12
The Construction SETA made a further R5 million available to enable stakeholders in building-related admission to the industry.
Beaufort West Municipality Learnership: Construction SETA
Applications are invited for training opportunities for a further intake of:
- 100 apprentices and
- 300 Card Applications
Apprenticeships extend over a period of three (3) years, where the Short Programs offer an opportunity to candidates who are not sure if they really have a talent for construction but still want access to this program.
Confirmation is also expected for funding of programs for Water Affairs to enable further opportunities for local residents.
Interested parties are encouraged to ensure that their names are registered on the municipal list for job seekers and that their CVs are handed in to qualify for the following available training opportunities.
How to Apply
The applications will be closed on 30 JUNE 2017 at 15:00 and must be handed in at Ms. S. Murray at the Office of the Director: Corporate Services, Sanlam Building, 112 Donkin Street, Beaufort West.
Click here to find out how to apply.