Ref No: NV122/16GS
Disciplines you can apply for:
- Auto Electrician
- Diesel Mechanic
- Boilermaker (Plater)
- Sound knowledge of Safety Systems, Regulations and Standards with a high regard to safety and an excellent safety record.
- Minimum Grade 12 with Pure Maths and Physical Science (Not Maths literacy & Functional Maths) or:
- N2 Technical qualification with relevant subjects i.e:
||Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Electrical Theory.
||Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Motor Electrical Theory/Electrical Trade Theory.
||Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Fitting & Machining Trade Theory.
||Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Diesel or Motor Trade Theory.
||Maths , Engineering Science, Plater Theory, Plating and Structural Steel Drawings.
||Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawings, Rigger Trade Theory.
- Minimum Symbol E (40%).
- A valid K53 provincial driver’s license.
- Candidates must be able and prepared to undergo a psychometric assessment.
- Must be in possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness.
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, standby & call outs when required.
- Be able to cope with pressure, be innovative & a self-starter.
- Be able to identify faults without supervision.
- Experience in the Mining Sector will be advantageous.
- Certified copies of qualifications, driver’s license and ID Document must be attached to all applications.
- Please indicate which trade you are applying for.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
The Company offers:
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities.
- A culture of continuous learning and innovation.
- People focused values across the organization.
- Successful incumbents will be offered a highly competitive, flexible remuneration package.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV together with certified copies of qualifications, driver’s license & ID Document to the HR Offices (Not more than 3 Months Certification). Please indicate the trade you are applying for.
Please note that if you are an employee of New Vaal Colliery the onus is on you to ensure that your Supervisor / Manager are aware of your intent to apply as per normal procedure and good practice.
How To Apply
Apply for the Anglo American Engineering Learnership Programme
Department of Home Affairs has introduced the Cadet Programme / Learnership. This Learnership is one of the many youth empowerment initiatives that support the National Development Plan’s idea of formalised recruitment schemes that through theoretical training and experiential learning afford unemployed graduate youth in South Africa the opportunity to gain skills, knowledge and experience whilst at the same time, positioning themselves for active and meaningful participation in the labour market.
Quoting the relevant reference number (Ref. HRMC 78 / 15 / 1), direct your application and all supporting documents by the closing date to the Department of Home Affairs Head Office, Private Bag X114, Pretoria 0001 or hand deliver at Hallmark Building, 230 Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) Street, cnr Thabo Sehume Andries, Pretoria.
Enquiries: Ms F Kwape, or Mr J Modipa,
Qualifying learners and aspiring Public Servants who are technologically savvy, patriotic, security conscious and share in this dynamic Department’s vision of a safe, secure South Africa where all its people are proud of, and value, their identity and citizenship, are encouraged to apply for enrollment on this very prestigious and enriching cadet / learnership programme.
• South African citizens only, aged between 18 and 35 years • Patriotic • A 3-year National Diploma / Degree or an equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification in any of the fields of study listed below • Good academic record • No criminal record • Basic computer literacy • Positive attitude • Willingness to learn and grow • Ethical conduct • Honesty and integrity • Customer service orientation • Learning potential • Good communication skills. Graduates in the following fields who come from previously disadvantaged communities as well as people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply:
• Information Technology • Public Administration • Office Administration / Management • Business Analysis • Law / Legal / Paralegal • Communications / Public Relations / Marketing • Logistics / Supply Chain Management • Software Design / Development / Engineering • Finance • Auditing • Statistics • Research and Development