Choose the job category that you are applying for by clicking on the relevant category menu below. Note that this is page 1 of 2 and you can see more categories by clicking on ‘2’ at the bottom of this webpage.
IMPORTANT: Please keep your CV file name that you upload to be only your name and surname without any other characters – otherwise your CV may not upload correctly. Also, due to the number of CV’s being submitted, we ask that you only submit your CV and you DO NOT submit supporting documents such as qualification certificates etc.
Choose what want to apply now
Do you have the necessary skills to manage bank reconciliation and related functions?
mrp , the largest trading division of the Mr Price Group is recruiting for a Cash Book Clerk who will work within our Finance Department
Your role would include some of the following key responsibilities:
• Electronic and Manual Reconciliation of local and foreign bank accounts
• Cashflow – recording inflows and outflows of the business
• Monitoring variances in the stores
• Loading gift Vouchers
• General ledger journals
The minimum requirements:
• Grade 12 and preferably a Finance/Accounting diploma or degree
• Cashbook experience preferably within a large organisation working with a high volume of transactions
• Proficiency in the use of either Microsoft Dynamics AX ( DAX ) or with other relevant computerised accounting systems/applications as well as MS Office (particularly Excel)
• A general understanding of the accounting function
• The following attributes or competencies would be required in this role: deadline oriented; attention to detail; a team player; adaptable to our varying nature of work; analytical; a self-starter; the ability to work under pressure and good communication skills
A little about us:
Passion, value and partnership. If you believe in these core values, we believe you’re a perfect match for the Mr Price Group.
The Mr Price Group has 6 trading divisions namely: mrp, mrphome, mrpsport, Miladys, Sheet Street and mrpmoney.
We employ over 16000 people and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
mrp is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.