Department of Transport and Public Works is offering you the opportunity to be part of their Learnerships: Training Opportunity in the Construction Trades.
Suitable qualified applicants residing within the following regional and municipality areas of the Western Cape Government, are invited to apply for the training opportunities in the construction industry:
REF. NUMBER:RCK 1
REF. NUMBER:ECK 2
REF. NUMBER:WCW 3
REF. NUMBER:PCW 4
REF. NUMBER:CWC 5
REF. NUMBER:BWC 6
TRADE:Air-conditioning, Refrigeraton and Ventilation
REF. NUMBER:ARE 7
TRADE:Air-conditioning and Refrigeration
REF. NUMBER:ARO 8
REF. NUMBER:WO 9
REF. NUMBER:CCM 10
REF. NUMBER:BCM 11
REF. NUMBER:PCM 12
A stripend of R1500.00 is payable at the end of each month.
- Be between 18-35 years
- Be a South African resident
- Meet the health requirements as per SETA requirements and be prepared to undergo medical and substance examination
- Be willing to participate in numeracy, literacy and interest tests before final selection.
- TO work on a construction site as part of a training process
- To travel and work at various building sites within the Western Cape Province
- To sign a 12-month Learnership/Commitment Agreement on acceptance
- Theoretical and institutional practicalsat an FET College
- Practical training at a building site
- Application of Health and Safety regulations
- Maintenance of work areas and undertaking of administrative tasks.
- Grade 10 with Mathematics as a passed subject is required for the Welding Learnership
- Grade 12 with Mathematics Literacy or Grade 11 with Mathematics as a passed subject is required for the Plumbing Learnership; Air-conditioning, Refrigeration and Ventilation Learnership; Electrical Wiring Learnership; Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Learnership.
- Grade 10 is required for the Road Works Learnership
- Grade 10 is required for the Carpentry or Bricklaying Learnerships
Application forms are available from:
- Local Library
- Thusong Centres
- Western Cape Government Contact Centre at 9 Wale Street, Capet Town.
Please contact: 0860 142 142 for any further enquiries.
Applications must be posted to:
Learnership Phase 7
Department of Transport & Public Works
Skills Development Unit
Private Bag 9078
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence/communication. if you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Closing date: 17 October 2014