How to Get 2017 Matric Results in 2018
Be the first one to access your matric results in January 2018. Look out for places to get your matric results.
Here are Four Ways to Check Your Matric Results
Bear in mind that website traffic will be high on the release date, so expect delayed response times.
- Log on to the Department of Basic Education’s website here.
You will need the following to log in:
- Exam number (don’t misplace this during the holiday!)
- Home Language
- Your personal details (name, surname, etc.)
If you attended a public/government school, then your results will definitely be available on this site.
2. The Newspaper
Your results will be published in the Newspaper on the day of the results release. It will be in all of the big Newspaper brands, like The Rapport, The Argus and The Star.
Remember it will not be your full results. It will just state whether or not you passed and with what symbol you passed – B for Bachelors Pass, D for Diploma, etc.
3. Your High School
A day after the initial results are released, your school will give you your results. This is not the official matric certificate, it’s just your results for each subject. You will be able to fetch your official matric certificate in a few months – once it has been printed in full. If you are eager to get exact dates you should contact your school to find out further information.
4. Your Cellphone
You can use your cellphone (or someone else’s) to receive your results. SABC Education and the Department of Basic Education have provided a service that allows you to get an SMS with your results. Yep, it’s pretty awesome! You can register and have your results sent to you as soon as they are released. How?
You have two options:
- Register via SMS
- Send your ID number and exam number to 35658
- You’ll get a confirmation SMS once you’ve successfully registered.
- SMSes cost R1 and free SMSes don’t apply
- Get your results immediately when they are released
- Use the USSD service
- Dial *120*35658# on the release date
- Answer a few multiple questions
- Enter your ID number
- You will get your results per subject
- USSD rates apply