Western Cape Government
Would you like to gain work experience in the public service? Then look no further than the Western Cape Government!
Our Premier’s Advancement of Youth (PAY) programme will provide 750 Matrics from the class of 2014 with work and training from 7 April 2015 until 31 March 2016.
Is this You?
You’re between the ages of 18 and 24.
You’ve written and passed the National Senior Certificate (NSC) in 2014 in the Western Cape.
You’re not going to study further in 2015.
You’re a South African citizen, residing in the Western Cape.
You have no support network to help you make informed career choices.
You’re not sure of your next step after school.
You’re financially constrained.
If your answer is “yes” to all of the above, the PAY project is for you! It might lead to an opportunity for a bursary to study further in your field of interest, so be sure to apply online today.
To read more you can also download the Recruitment Guide.
What Will You Achieve?
- Work experience in the public sector.
- Contactable references for your brand new CV.
- A set of skills and experiences that will make you more marketable and employable.
- A year in which to make informed career choices together with a network to back it up.
Make it Happen
- Applications opened on Wednesday, 7 January 2015.
- To apply, go to http://www.westerncape.gov.za/jobs and complete the online application form.
- You’ll need to attach a scanned copy of your official Matric results to your online application.
- You’ll be asked to write a brief statement about yourself regarding your:
- Key skills and abilities
- Key achievements and experiences
- Career objectives
- Closing date for applications: Friday, 30 January 2015
- If you don’t have an e-mail address, create one at a free e-mail site like Gmail or Yahoo. You will need it to apply.
- Before you can apply for the PAY project, you have to register on the jobs site.
- Once you have registered successfully, you’ll receive a username and password.
- Use the username and password to login and complete the application.
- Please save your username and password in a secure place so that you are able to access it should you need to.
We’ll be verifying each applicant’s National Senior Certificate (NSC) results with the Western Cape Education Department.
Applicants will only be appointed once they have passed a security check, which includes having their fingerprints taken.
On-the-job Training Will be Provided in the Following Departments
- Department of the Premier
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Community Safety
- Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport
- Department of Economic Development and Tourism
- Department of Environmental Affairs & Development Planning
- Department of Health
- Department of Human Settlements
- Department of Local Government
- Department of Social Development
- Department of Transport and Public Works
- Provincial Treasury
- The Western Cape Education Department (WCED
Closing date for applications: Friday, 30 January 2015