Reference Number: DEMS6028
Position: Divisional Head: Emergency Services
Workplace: DEMS Head Office, 3 Hawley Road, Bedfordview
Department: Disaster and Emergency Management
Salary: R1 040 497 – R1 300 000 per annum (TCTC)
Key performance areas:
- Develop, integrate and monitor emergency strategies and business plans, enabling effective delivery of compliance and governance throughout the organisation
- Develop, control and advise on an emergency capacity framework, enabling efficient conceptualization, planning and delivery within the organisation
- Render effective direction in terms of the development, policy, implementation and governance of emergency strategies across the organisation
- Ensure effective implementation and control of the fire and disaster management legislation
- Ensure alignment with the disaster and emergency regulatory framework
- Identify, assess and manage governance, risk and compliance practices and processes as determined by stakeholders and legislative requirements
- Develop emergency management implementation programmes, processes and communication plans
- Establish inter-departmental forums
- Monitor and ensure effective financial control and corporate governance
- Drive an aligned customer service excellence culture which builds enduring rewarding relationships, proposes innovations and allows others to provide exceptional customer service
- People management and empowerment
- BTech degree in Fire Technology or equivalent NQF Level7 qualification
- Sound knowledge of emergency services operations and frameworks
- 8 years’ relevant management experience of which at least 4 years’ must have been at senior management level
- Strategic capabilities and leadership
- Stakeholder relationship management skills
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to submit their CV’s and application form obtainable from our website (www.ekurhuleni.gov.za) and copies of qualifications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: Tel: Natasja Havenga (011) 999 6356. Please quote reference number on application.
Note: The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 Finance Management qualification will be required to obtain it within 18 months, in terms of the National Treasury Requirement.
Appointments will be made on a 5 (five) year fixed term and will be subject to the signing of an employment contract, performance agreement and disclosure of financial interest. Candidates will be subjected to relevant competency assessment as well as security clearance / vetting processes.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right not to appoint.
Closing date: 2018/04/10
GOVERNMENT JOBS TIPS IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A GOVERNMENT JOB (common information) NOTE : Applications must be submitted on with a Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet . The completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies of all qualification(s) and ID-document [Driver’s license where applicable]. Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered . -
WHAT IS A LEARNERSHIP ? Hi guys , today i have decided to write this article just to let you know what is meant by a learnership and the differents among other related terms (like , Internship , Bursary and Scholarship ) Question 1: What is a Learnership ? Answer : Learneship is an intake programme in which a learners is given a chance to learner a specific job theoretical and practical (via training provided by the learnership provider) . A learner must gain work experience in order to obtain a registered qualification (specifically for that job). Note :learnership combines theory and workplace practice into a qualification that is registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). If you are looking for a learnership , go to the internet cafe (or use your mobile phone if it is advance) and click this link :