Position:Citizen Responsibility Officer (Fixed term contract linked to the political office term)
Division:Office of the Speaker
Salary:Negotiable market-related package
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification
- Previous relevant experience
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer literacy
- 2 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Ensure that communities understand the functionality of government structures with the municipality and other spheres
- Effectively promote and disseminate educational information about the range of EMM community development services and facilities available that will enhance public interest on the affairs of the state
- Advise on and assist in the development services by ensuring a participation that is cognizance of its rights and responsibilities
- Develop and implement measures, which involve civil society organisations and citizens, to avoid maladministration and ensure transparency and credibility in the affairs of the state
- Facilitate, establish and review community development practices, policies and procedures within are of accountability which inter alia aims to increase patriotism
- Develop and ensure effective awareness and educational programs regarding community development aimed at addressing public interest in order to empower the communities to enhance democracy and developmental aspirations
- Share information, consult citizens and encourage debate on matter of voting and electoral processes
- Implement programmes and campaigns aimed at addressing public interest and policy issues
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to submit their CV’s by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: Tel: (011) 999 7532
Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.