Department of Defence is offering a Grade 12 student with accounting and finance as a major subject to apply for one of three post currently available.
FINANCE CLERK: PRODUCTION (3 POSTS)
Financial Management Division, Chief Directorate Fin SANDF, Budget Management Office, Joint Operations Division, Finance Management Office.
SALARY : R152 862 per annum (Level 5).
- J TAC HQ Limpopo, Polokwane, Ref No: CFO 18/3/1A.
- J TAC HQ Kwazulu Natal, Bluff Durban, Ref No: CFO 18/3/1B.
- J. TAC HQ North West, Mahikeng, Ref No: CFO/18/3/1C.
- Grade 12 certificate with Finance or Accounting related subjects.
- Computer literate in MS Word and MS Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of main frame Financial Management System
- (FMS)/Basic Accounting System (BAS) or any other Private Sectors financial systems would serve as a strong recommendation.
- Ability to understand and interpret basic financial, Procurement, Accounting and Human Resource Management (HRM) policy and prescripts.
- Basic knowledge of financial practices and Supply Chain Management (SCM) and knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Treasury Regulations and Procurement Prescripts.
- Knowledge of budget process as well as the basic financial functions in the Department of Defence (DOD) or any other Public Service/Private sectors Department would serve as a strong recommendation.
- Well-developed reasoning, organising, problem solving, facilitating, report writing and accounting skills. Good interpersonal relations.
- Honesty, integrity, diligent, ethical, intuitive thinking, decisive, perceptive, positive, creative and good team worker.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate and liaise with suppliers and clients.
- Permanent RSA citizen with no criminal record.
- Being in the possession of valid RSA Vehicle driver’s license will be a strong recommendation.
- Added advantage: Post matric qualification in Finance or a minimum of one year relevant experience.