FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Location: Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
SECTION27 seeks a dynamic and driven candidate to join the finance team and assume responsibility for administration of grants and ensure compliance to funder agreements. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in career development in the public interest space.
- Administration of donor budget and work plan ensuring adherence to donor contract.
- Donor financial reporting and process administration, from invoice processing, payments processing and bank reconciliation.
- Analysis of timesheets.
- Collection, scanning and filing of supporting documentation, such as meeting attendance registers and travel receipts.
- Prepare donor reports and analyse variances.
- Preparation of Funder reallocation journals as required.
- Adhoc requests for costing of donor activities.
- Liaise with budget holders and assist with departmental budgets preparations to ensure alignment with donor budget.
- Provide information analysing actuals vs. budgets on specific adhoc requests for budget holders e.g. reminders and support to teams on adherence to timelines and of requirements in terms of supporting documentation required.
- Allocate cost codes to project.
- Assist the team with administrative tasks.
Education and Experience
- At least 2-3 years financial administration experience and management accounting.
- B Com degree with accounting as a major or CIMA part qualified.
- Project accounting knowledge.
- Experience and knowledge of working with donor funds will be an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of financial software packages i.e. pastel accounting and payroll.
- Good time management and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations that govern non-profit organisations is an advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Drivers license essential.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Flair for figures
- Deadline driven
- Ability to work in a team
- Self-motivated, uses initiative and able to work without supervision
- Organised and accurate
- Fluency in English, spoken and written.
This is a full-time position, which requires the ability and willingness to travel and work outside of office hours to meet deadlines. The position is based at our offices in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
Please forward your curriculum vitae accompanied by a motivation setting out your interest and suitability for the position to email@example.com by 5 January 2018.