Closing Date: 30 MAY 2018
REF NO: NJ043
Candidates are invited to apply for bursary opportunities that are offered by the Company in the following disciplines:
- Mining Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Extraction Metallurgy
- Financial Management (Not chartered Accounting)
- Grade 12 learners will be pre-evaluated on Grade 11 final results and will be subjected to an assessment.
- Minimum of a 6 symbol for Mathematics and Physical Science and as per Institution requirements for engineering fields.
- Minimum of a 5 symbol for Mathematics and Physical Science for Technical fields.
- Minimum of a 5 symbol for Mathematics and Accounting for field of Finance.
- Academic requirements need to be an average year mark of 60% and above for 2nd or 3rd year students.
- A CV with your Grade 11 report or latest academic results from university if you are at university.
- Proof of residence.
- Non-affiliated students applying should / cannot be affiliated with other organisations or currently supported by a private institution.
- Preference will be given to candidates residing in Mpumalanga.
- Preferences will be given to Coloured, Indian, African Females and people with disabilities.
- Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to interviews.
The successful candidate must be in possession of a valid certificate of fitness or be fit enough to obtain one prior to commencement in this role as this is a requirement of the Mine Health & Safety Act.
THE BURSARY COVERS THE FOLLOWING:
- Tuition fees.
- Meals & Accommodation.
- Prescribed textbooks.
- Payment of any compulsory excursions or seminars which may be required.
- Personal allowance
By applying for the position, you consent to Glencore collecting, storing, using, destroying and processing in any other manner personal information for purposes of attending to this advertisement, and/or all matters relating thereto, including the disclosure to third parties of such personal information for purposes of confirming such personal information. In the event you do not hear from the Company within a period of 21 days after the closing date of applications, your application shall be deemed to be unsuccessful. The CV’s of unsuccessful candidates will not be returned.
How To Apply
Postal address: Glencore Coal SA, Group Training Centre /Private bag X7265, Emalahleni, 1035.
Physical addresses: Drop off your application at The Group Training Centre IS 31 Blesbokfontein Farm, District Bethal / Graspan Colliery 1 Farm
Reitfontein 236Js, Middelburg / Wonderfontein Farm 428 JS, Portion of Farm Klippan 452 (R33) 9 km, South of N4 National Freeway.
GOVERNMENT JOBS TIPS IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A GOVERNMENT JOB (common information) NOTE : Applications must be submitted on with a Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet . The completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies of all qualification(s) and ID-document [Driver’s license where applicable]. Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered . -
WHAT IS A LEARNERSHIP ? Hi guys , today i have decided to write this article just to let you know what is meant by a learnership and the differents among other related terms (like , Internship , Bursary and Scholarship ) Question 1: What is a Learnership ? Answer : Learneship is an intake programme in which a learners is given a chance to learner a specific job theoretical and practical (via training provided by the learnership provider) . A learner must gain work experience in order to obtain a registered qualification (specifically for that job). Note :learnership combines theory and workplace practice into a qualification that is registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). If you are looking for a learnership , go to the internet cafe (or use your mobile phone if it is advance) and click this link :