Mediclinic invite applications for Pharmacist’s Assistant Learnership Programmes based in Bellville, Nelspruit and Tshwane (Sunnyside). The course leading to a Pharmacist’s Assistant (Basic) is a one year programme which consists of theoretical and clinical components. Successful applicants will be placed at Mediclinic Geneva, Legae, Gynaecological Hospital & Thabazimbi.
The programme’s objective is to provide learners with the appropriate knowledge and skills needed to register as a qualified Pharmacist’s Assistant (Basic). Learners will be equipped to develop their competencies in the underlying principles of all the major areas related to the pharmaceutical environment.
Format of Tuition: Teaching is contact-based, using problem solving and self-study. Learners is accompanied by tutors (registered pharmacists), in real life settings in pharmacies. The curriculum is outcomes-based. Successful candidates will be put on a HWSETA Learnership and Mediclinic (Pty) Ltd will carry all additional costs. Learners are responsible for the cost of any recommended books.
- Grade 12 with entrance to a certificate programme
- Mathematics at NQF level 4 (min. 40%)
- English at NQF level 4 (min. 40%)
- In line with employment equity needs
- South African citizenship
- Successful psychometric testing and interview
The following documentation will be required
- Short CV
- Certified copy of grade 12 certificate or final grade 11 academic results
- Certified copy of front page of ID book
- Proof of South African citizenship
The following will be arranged if above-mentioned criteria are met:
- Applicants will undergo a psychometric assessment, interview and Health Assessment which form part of the selection process
- Placement on the programme is not guaranteed.
How to apply
Closing date is 31 July 2016. Click here to apply online