Netcare, the largest private hospital network in South Africa, is offering a Basic Pharmacist Assistant Learnership at Greenacres Hospital in the Eastern Cape. Pharmacist assistant learners work closely with a Pharmacist to ensure safe and appropriate medication management.
The Basic Pharmacist Assistant will learn the skills to enable them to be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and members of the healthcare team. The incumbent will also assist in the responsibility for meeting patients needs in a responsible, satisfactory and cost-effective manner.
Upon completion of Learnship successful candidates will be able to register with the South African Pharmacy Council as a Basic Pharmacist Assistant. The position comes with an allowance stipend.
- Dispensing of prescriptions in retail and hospital dispensary under supervision of a pharmacist.
- Picking and charging of ethical replenishments to the wards and theatre.
- Compounding of mixtures under supervision of a pharmacist.
- Unpacking of ethical stock orders under supervision of a Pharmacist (S1 – S5).
- Unpacking of credits and processing of patient credits.
- Checking and controlling expiry dates of medication in stock (S1 – S5) in designated areas.
- Assist in surgical store area.
- Preparation of stock books.
- Participation in stock take.
- Working allocated shifts after hours and over weekends
Applicants with the following are encouraged to apply:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THIS
Do you want to get a free diploma in one month , if yes click the link below and follow the instraction
1.Diploma in Digital Marketing 2.Diploma in Nutrition 3.Diploma in Financial Trading and Investment 4.Diploma in Graphic Design 5.Diploma in Health and Fitness 6.Diploma in Web Development 7.Diploma in Weight Loss 8.Diploma in Photoshop 9.Diploma in Sports Nutrition 10.Diploma in App Development 11.Diploma in Photography 12.Written English for Emails and Online Communications 13.Job Seeking and CV Presentation
- National Senior Certificate or equivalent NQF 4 Qualification with English and Mathematics
- Exceptional communication skills, coupled with passion for Pharmacy and enthusiasm for people.
How to apply
Applications close on 03 May 2017. Click here to apply online