Closing Date: 17 August 20178
Location: Pretoria (and Provinces)
The South African Police Service hereby invites unemployed youth who conform to the requirements for a twelve-month internship programme at Mpumalanga Province. The internship programme is part of the National Human Resource Development Strategy and the National Skills Development Strategy.
- Must be between ages 18 – 35
- Be a South African citizen
- Must be in possession of Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent qualification
- Must have no criminal record(s)
- Applicants must be unemployed, was never employed in field of the post and never participated in an internship programme in the relevant field of the post previously
- Applicants must be residents of the province where the post is advertised (proof of residential address to be attached)
- Applicants are restricted to apply for 3 positions only (to complete an application for each ref number)
Intern categories: Graduate Intern: Tertiary Qualification is required
Student Intern: Need practical experience in order to finalise qualification
Matric Intern: Senior Certificate (Grade 12) no tertiary qualification is required.
NB: Stipend for each category will be as determined by the Section Head: ETD Skills Development: South African Police Service
|Internal Audit Intern Section: Performance AuditHead Office: Pretoria Ref Number: IA 01 [x2]
*Be in possession of Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Internal Audit or Accounting / National Diploma in Internal Audit or Accounting / B Tech in Internal Auditing or Cost and Management Accounting
|Internal Audit Intern Section: Forensic AuditHead Office: Pretoria Ref Number: IA 02 [x2]Additional Requirements: *Be in a possession of Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Internal Auditing or Accounting LLB or National Diploma in Internal Audit or Accounting
|Internal Audit Intern Section: Information Technology Audit Head Office: Pretoria Ref Number: IA 03 [x2]Additional Requirements: *Be in a possession of Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Internal Auditing or Accounting / Btech in Information technology / Information systems
|Internal Audit Intern Section: Support Head Office: Pretoria Ref Number: IA 04 [x1]Additional Requirements:
Appropriate / relevant experience in the field of the post as well as competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint may be an advantage.
|Internal Audit Intern Section: Risk Based and Compliance Audit
*Be in a possession of Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Internal Auditing or Accounting / National Diploma in Internal A udit or Accounting / Cost and Management Accounting
- Only the official application form for the internship programme (available on DPSA website and at SAPS Official website ) will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form. 6
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document, Senior Certificate and all post school educational qualifications obtained must also be submitted and attached to every application. Certified copies should not be older than 3 months. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered.
- Applicants will be subjected to fingerprint screening and reference checking .
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- If a n applicant is short – listed, it can be expected of him / her to undergo a personal interview. Short – listed applicants may be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful interns only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
- A stipend will be paid according to proof of relevant qualification.
- Internship program in the SAPS may not be regarded as a guarantee for automatic absorption for permanent appointment.
- Recommended candidates will be expected to sign a 12 month internship contract.
How To Apply
Applications Must Be Posted To
APPLICATIONS POSTED: The Section Head: Corporate Support, South African Police Service, Private Bag X 94, Pretoria, 0001. (For attention Lieutenant Colonel MS Mmamadisha)
APPLICATIONS HAND DELIVERED: The Section Head: Corporate Support, Opera Plaza, Annex Building, Pretorius Street, Pretoria. Application must be dropped into the box available at the reception area.
ENQUIRIES: Lieutenant Colonel MS Mmamadisha, Tel no. (012) 393 4091 Warrant Officer S Ndhlovu, Tel no. (012) 393 4500 PO MP Kgaloshi, Tel no. (012) 393 3213
GOVERNMENT JOBS TIPS IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A GOVERNMENT JOB (common information) NOTE : Applications must be submitted on with a Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet . The completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies of all qualification(s) and ID-document [Driver’s license where applicable]. Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered . -
WHAT IS A LEARNERSHIP ? Hi guys , today i have decided to write this article just to let you know what is meant by a learnership and the differents among other related terms (like , Internship , Bursary and Scholarship ) Question 1: What is a Learnership ? Answer : Learneship is an intake programme in which a learners is given a chance to learner a specific job theoretical and practical (via training provided by the learnership provider) . A learner must gain work experience in order to obtain a registered qualification (specifically for that job). Note :learnership combines theory and workplace practice into a qualification that is registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). If you are looking for a learnership , go to the internet cafe (or use your mobile phone if it is advance) and click this link :