Mangaung Municipality: Traffic Officer Learnership Programme 2018
Closing Date: 13 April 2018
Ref No: E 03 / 01
Stipend: R2500 pm
Employees, who wish to be considered for a post, must post / e-mail/ submit their applications with complete details and comprehensive CV’ directly to the address indicated against the particular post.
Applicants must please indicate their employee number on their CV, Applicant may also call on the relevant telephone number as provided for more Information.
We would like to stress that the posts advertised in this bulletin must be made available only to employees of Mangaung Metro Municipality except where Il Is indicated otherwise.
AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL DISQUALIFY AN APPLICANT
Certified copies of highest educational qualifications must accompany applications.
Please note: No applications will be considered If he abovementioned documents are not attached Pleas note that If you do not receive any correspondence from this organisation, regarding your application, within 30 days after the closing date of this advertisement, you should regard your application as unsuccessful.
Application forms are also available during working hours from libraries in the Mangaung Metro municipal area.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CVSIAPPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Grade 12 plus valid code B (Manual) drivers license
- Applicants must be between 18 and 35 years of age and have no criminal record.
- Applicants must submit himself t herself to a medical examination as well as a physical arid mental assessment.
- All trainees will be subjected to a pre-screening background check by SSA
- Preference will be given to people, from Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality (Bloemlontein, Thaba’Nchu, Botshabilo Soutpan, Dewetsdorp, Wepener end Vanstadenarus)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Communicating with the control room and attend to traffic bottlenecks caused through accidents breakdown of peak hour congestion;
- Use hand signals to communicate with drivers and pedestrians directing diverting stopping and controlling the flow;
- Interact with control room for specific services to remote obstacles or contain specific deast.rs to facilitate traffic offenses,
- Communicate with the offender and / or interact with the control room or SAPS to facilitate arrest for more serious offences.
- Acting on distress calls or Information related to crime in progress communicating with the control room to establish location and details and executing specific policing sequences on the scene;
- Participate in routine checks and selling up and operating speed timing devices and stopping vehicles and conducting Inspection of drivers licenses vehicles registration and roadworthiness requirenments and / or attending to specific infringement of road safety rules;
- Attending to the documentation and notifications procedures, serving of summons compliance orders, executing warrants of arrests and preparing statements;
- Completing and submit case files to facilitate prosecution and attending and defending specific actions in the court of law.
- Recording the statements of witnesses and offenders and / or competing details of traffic offences / contraventions prior to issuing the fines
- Updating the occurrence book inserting details of incidents and activities attended to;
- Completing procedural documentation Inserting appropriate details;
- Executing laid down procedures to test and determine the functionality of equipment / vehicles and reporting defects to the immediate superior for attention.
- Proficiency in al least two (2) official Languages of service of MMM;
- Good interpersonal skills; and
- Good sense of detail
How To Apply
SUBMIT APPLICATIION FORM / CV TO:
GM: Human Resource Management
PO Box 3704
Telephonic Enquiries : 051 —4058517
OR c-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR submit to the following libraries during office hours:
- Adelaide Tambo Public Library
- Mangaung Library
- Fichardtpark Library
- Trevor Barlow Library
- BP Leinaeng Library
- Bainsvlei Library
- Botshabelo Library
- Thaba Nchu Regional 0ff Ice
- Ikgomotseng Municipal Office
- Morojaneng Library
- Dewetsdorp Library
- Wepener Library
- Thapelong Library (Van Sladensrus)
(Applicants who previously applied should re-apply.)
GOVERNMENT JOBS TIPS IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A GOVERNMENT JOB (common information) NOTE : Applications must be submitted on with a Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet . The completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies of all qualification(s) and ID-document [Driver’s license where applicable]. Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered . -
WHAT IS A LEARNERSHIP ? Hi guys , today i have decided to write this article just to let you know what is meant by a learnership and the differents among other related terms (like , Internship , Bursary and Scholarship ) Question 1: What is a Learnership ? Answer : Learneship is an intake programme in which a learners is given a chance to learner a specific job theoretical and practical (via training provided by the learnership provider) . A learner must gain work experience in order to obtain a registered qualification (specifically for that job). Note :learnership combines theory and workplace practice into a qualification that is registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). If you are looking for a learnership , go to the internet cafe (or use your mobile phone if it is advance) and click this link :